Employees' State Insurance Act, 1948
Employee’s State Insurance (ESI) is a self-financing social security and health insurance scheme for Indian workers earning below Rs.21000 per month as wages. The employer is required to contribute 4.75% while the employee contributes 1.75% and this fund is managed by the ESI Corporation (ESI) which oversees the provision of medical and cash benefits according to rules and regulations stipulated therein the ESI Act 1948. ESI is a must for companies employing 10 or more persons. We provide the following services to ensure compliance in the process -
- 1. Registration - We help your Company obtain and manage ESI Registration, including obtaining the ESI main code and sub code numbers.
- 2. Declaration Forms - We take care of filing of Declaration Forms for the purpose of registration of Employees under ESIC Act and updating the information of employees on the ESIC website. We compute contribution amount payable to ESI Corporation and generate online challans for depositing the ESI amount maintained with the State Bank of India. We also ensure submission of periodical returns reporting the contributions made by/ on behalf of Insured Persons.
- 3. Correspondence - We undertaking all correspondence work between the Company and the ESI Corporation, including preparation and submission of draft letters/replies to the management for approval and ensuring timely filing of all such letters/replies with the Corporation.
- 4. Inspection under the Act - We also attend to the periodical inspections conducted by the ESIC authorities and coordinating with the inspecting authorities for various matters relating to the inspection. We attend personal hearings along with the company officials for matters pertaining to compliance under the rules framed by ESIC.
- 5. Visit to ESI Office - We depute ESI consultant for the purpose of submission of various Forms and returns to be submitted at monthly and half yearly intervals pertaining to the Head Office of the Company as well as its branches to the ESI Branch Office.
- 6. Suggestions to the Management - We apprise the management in respect of the amendments effected in the ESI Act & Scheme from time to time and making recommendations to the Management for compliance and implementation of the Act & Scheme.